In 1972, a group of local Northeast Minneapolis businessmen and a labor leader organized the first Minnesota 100 club, based out of N.E. Minneapolis. This group of people took the lead from other 100 clubs that had been formed around the United States. The sole purpose at the time was to provide instant relief / aid to surviving families of public servants who were killed in the line of duty.

Thank You Messages

September 2016

Dear Minnesota 100 Club,

Marcy and I were humbled beyond belief at the generous gift following the North Memorial helicopter accident.  God's hand was clearly evident in our survival and in the outpouring of graciousness from familly, friends, and our community.  Your gift will defray the majority of the unexpected expenses.  Thank you.  We had not heard of the Minnesota 100 Club, but are grateful and hope to participate in your work.

Very warm regards,                                                                                                                                                                     Joshua Jones



Dear Minnesota 100 Club Board and Members;
Thank you for your thoughtful expression of sympathy for the tragic loss of Officer Scott Patrick. The men and women of the Mendota Heights Police Department are grateful for the overwhelming support and comforting expression from our law enforcement partners and from our community.
Knowing you are caring for and thinking of us has strengthened our hearts and renewed our commitment to this great family we call law enforcement and to the community we serve.
Please continue to keep Scott's family in your thoughts and prayers as well as the entire law enforcement community as we walk that Thin Blue Line.
Michael Aschenbrener
Chief of Police



Police Officer Josh Lynaugh died as the result of a heart attack while involved in a foot pursuit and search for a suspect in St. Paul.
He was able to catch the subject and took him into custody. After placing the subject in his patrol car Officer Lynaugh suddenly became ill. He was transported to a local hospital where he remained until passing away eight days later.
Officer Lynaugh had served with the St. Paul Police Department for five years. Officer Lynaugh is survived by his parents, brother, and sister.



Rice Lake Township Volunteer Fire Chief, Mathew Frantz passed away from an apparent heart attack within 24 hours of responding to his fire station for a mutual aid fire call.
In 2000, Matt assimilated a Rice Lake Volunteer Fire Department and was named glow arch in 2009. His passion for this sold classification and means was low and good famous to all who knew him. Some of Matt’s closest and beloved friendships were shaped with a group and women who fought fires alongside him as volunteers with a glow department.
Mathew is survived by his wife and two daughters.



Rice Lake Volunteer Fire Chief Matt Frantz, 42, died on 12-9 after an emergency response.
Chief Frantz had responded to the firehouse for a mutual aid and later while at work as a UPS employee, Chief Frantz died of an apparent heart attack. Because Chief Frantz died within 24 hours of response to an emergency call, the Rice Lake Fire department recognized his death as one in the line of duty.
The Chief joined the fire department in 2000, and named chief in 2009. Frantz served in the U.S. Army from 1991-1993 and in the Army National Guard until 1998. He is survived by his wife and two daughters.



Officer Daniel King was seriously wounded but survived an October 23 shooting. Dan King was shot in the arm and in the back, said Dave Titus, St. Paul Police Federation president.
King is heard saying in a police video, "I took one in the (bulletproof) vest. My arm is gone." Titus explained that King believed he was going to lose his arm, but doctors were able to save it.
A St. Paul police officer Brian Wanschura tumbled out of a squad car and fired at a man who had just ambushed and shot his police partner Dan King, he saved Officer Kings life, Titus said.
Officer King will not be able to return to work as an officer due to the extent of his disabling injuries.



Brooklyn Park Police Sergeant Peggy LaBatt was seriously injured (permanently disabled) by a drunk driver on August 2, 2012. She never returned to work after this incident.
The Minnesota 100 Club dispersed a $2,500.00 benefit to Sgt LaBatt.



St. Paul police officer Felicia Dee Reilly responded to a 911 call on March 24, 2010, She knew officers were out at the address yesterday on a problem. When she arrived she was met at the door by the suspect's mother. The mother told her the male suspect was threatening them and had been drinking. He was standing in the living room behind the mother when Officer Reilly was just inside the front door. Officer Reilly could see the suspect had his hand in his pocket. He was making an angry face and yelled at her that she had not drank any beer with him. Officer Reilly told him to take his hand out of his pocket. He pushed his hand further into his pocket. Officer Reilly moved forward to pat his pocket area for weapons when the suspect swung a closed fist at her head. Officer Reilly pulled back and told him she needed to handcuff him for officer safety. He screamed at her he wasn't going to jail. The suspect charged at her swinging his fists at her head.The subject attacked officer Reilly by punching and kicking her to the point where she thought she was going to die
Officer Felicia Dee Reilly, now 55, has ongoing vision problems. She also suffers from traumatic brain injury, post-traumatic stress disorder, chronic pain, cognitive disorder due to the traumatic brain injury, and neck pain.
The brutal actions of this incident abruptly ended Officer Reilly's career.



Police Officer Tom Decker was shot and killed as he and his partner performed a welfare check on a man whose family believed was suicidal.

Officers had attempted to make contact with the subject at his apartment but were not successful. They returned to the scene approximately two hours later. As Officer Decker exited his patrol car in an alley behind the apartment he was ambushed and shot twice with a 20-gauge shotgun. He was fatally wounded despite wearing his vest.

The subject officers had initially attempted to contact was arrested and held in connection with Officer Decker's murder but was later released. One month later a second suspect committed suicide as investigators attempted to question him during the follow up investigation. The gun used to murder Officer Decker was found on property the suspect had access to.

Officer Decker had served with the Cold Spring Police Department for six years. He had previously served with the Isle Police Department and Kimbal Police Department for an additional four years. He is survived by his wife and four children.

The Minnesota 100 Club was deeply honored to present Mrs. Decker with a benefit check to help with immediate needs. A check was also presented to help make Christmas a bit brighter for his four children.

Minnesota 100 Club Celebrates 40 years!

The Minnesota 100 Club celebrates its 40th Anniversary this year. In honor of this momentous occasion we have set a goal to introduce 40 new members to helping to" Protect The Protectors"  Please say you'll lend a hand by passing on an application to your friends, co-workers and neighbors so we can continue to serve those who risk their lives on a daily basis.

We consider it a real honor to be able to serve in this capacity, it is most humbling. We want to thank you in advance for becoming a member. It is because of members like you these police and firefighters families were able to be served.

 Check out more information on utube

Lake City (MN) Police Office, Shawn Schneider was shot in the head while responding to a domestic call on Monday, December 19. The Lake City police responded to a domestic disturbance call where Schneider was shot in the head. After a day long standoff with the suspected shooter, Alan John Sylte Jr., officers found the 25-year-old Sylte dead inside the home. Schneider was transported to St. Marys in Rochester where he remained in critical condition until he passed on December 30th, 2011. Schneider was a nine-year veteran of the Lake City police department. He was 32 years old. He leaves behind a wife and three young children.
The Minnesota 100 Club delivered a check several days following the shooting, to the wife of Shawn Schneider, after hearing the seriousness of his injuries. A Christmas gift check was also delivered to his family.

St. Louis Park (MN) Police Officer Mike Pollitz died while on duty November 30th, 2011 due to cardiac arrest. He was 37 years old and had served with the department since 2005. Pollitz is survived by his wife and two young children.
The Minnesota 100 Club delivered a check to the family of Mike Pollitz. A Christmas gift check was also delivered to his family.

Cambridge (MN) Firefighter was tragically killed in the Line of Duty from a fall while training. Following a training session at the Cambridge Fire Hall on Monday, May 23, at around 2130 hours, Firefighter Chip Imker, 35, fell onto the pavement. FF Imker was flown to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, and died as a result of his injuries. Reports are that FF Imker was putting his foot in a looped rope that got twisted, and the rope spread under his weight, came loose, and he fell about 6-8 feet onto concrete.

The Minnesota 100 Club  presented a benefit check in the amount of $4,000.00 to the spouse of Chip Imker May 2011.  A Christmas gift check was also given in December 2011.

Jake LaFerriere and Captain Dennis Mack, two firefighters injured in the line of duty. On July 3, members of Firehouse 11 responded to a house fire in the Como neighborhood of S.E. Minneapolis. Jacob LaFerriere suffered burns to his hands and Denny Mack had burns on his forearms. While both are now home from the HCMC burn unit, recovery is still very much in progress. Both firefighters do not know when they’ll return to work (although both maintain that they will return).

The Minnesota 100 Club was honored to present benefit checks to these brave young men in November 2010.

Police Officer Richard Scott Crittenden Sr.
North St. Paul Police Department

Officer Richard Crittenden was shot and killed after he and another officer responded to a domestic disturbance call at approximately 8:30 am.

A male subject had gone to the female subject's apartment in violation of a protection order. Officer Crittenden and an officer from the Maplewood Police Department arrived, and as they were conducting an investigation, the suspect attempted to attack the female. Officer Crittenden attempted to protect the woman and during a struggle the suspect was able to gain control of Officer Crittenden's service weapon. He then opened fire, striking Officer Crittenden, who was fatally wounded. The Maplewood officer suffered a gunshot wound to her wrist, but was able to return fire and kill the suspect.

Officer Crittenden had served with the North St. Paul Police Department for nine years and had previously served with the Wabasha County Sheriff's Office for four years. He was the first North St. Paul Police Officer killed in the line of duty.
Article courtesy of Office Down Memorial Page, Inc.

The Minnesota 100 Club was deeply honored to be able to present Officer Crittenden's family with a benefit check within days of his passing.

Injured in the line of duty Officer, John Jorgensen sends note of Thanks to the Minnesota 100 Club-April 2009:

 Dear Minnesota 100 Club Members;
On behalf of my family, we would like to offer a sincere Thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness. As a police officer for more than 11 years, I was embarrased that I had not heard of your organization before you contacted the Roseville Police Department after my injury.
I later discovered that this is partly how your organization functions. Operating in the shadows, not seeking notoriety or glamour, just "protecting the protectors", and their families in times of need. A truly impressive venture that I am sure you are all proud of.
As I looked through your 2007-2008 Roster, I was amazed to see the long list of beneficiaries over the past 36 years. I also discovered that one of the first families to benefit from the organizations generosity was that of slain Roseville Police Detective, Howard Johnson (1972). I have had the honor of speaking to Howards widow, Lorraine on numerous occasions. She has often mentioned how antiquated our profession was at taking care of the familes left behind "Back Then". She was not bitter; rather proud, that other organizations such as your own reached out to help where the State of Minnesota and municipalities fell short.
Your contribution in our time of need will never be forgotten. I had to choke back tears (my wife was not as lucky), as I listened to Mr. Derus explain to the Roseville City Council why you do what you do. My attention was also drawn to my one year old son who was sitting on my wife's lap directly to my right. I felt thankful, honored and lucky all at the same time that I was still here, with my family, and the blessed recipient of such an amazing gesture.
Thank you to your founders that had a vision to establish such a thoughtful non-profit organization. We also thank all of those that recognize the need for it's continued existance. My wife and I have included a modest check in hopes that we can become your newest members. We believe in "Paying it Foward" and hope that we can help contribute to those who come after us.
John Jorgensen and Family (John, Heather, Cameron, and K-9 Major)
Roseville Police Department